Sunday, February 12, 2012

Baby Gifts

Costumes have been competed for Carnaval! I must say they looked really good!!! As the theme to Carnaval this year was the Wizard of Oz, it only made sense that our entire bateria (group of 50 drummers) were dressed as munchkins. This is the first year where the boy drummers and girl drummers really looked like different people. Yes, the ladies were wearing flower pots on their head. Thanks to my wonderful costuming cohorts make this a great costuming hear. 



Now that Carnaval is over, it's baby gift time. I currently know 8 people that are having babies in the next year. That's a lot of gifts! Here is my first round. 

I was really excited to find this book panel at JoAnn Fabrics! 


This is one of my favorite baby quilt panels I have ever found! It measures 45"x36" and I found it at JoAnn Fabrics. My most favorite part is the backing (see below). To quilt the back and front together I followed the outline of each animal. This made it very easy to complete and did not take away from the design of the panel. 




No comments:

Post a Comment