Saturday, March 10, 2012

Quilt Top Complete!

After months and months of working on this quilt, the quilt top is finally finished! I'm super proud of this quilt, and most importantly, all of the fabric scraps came directly from my fabric stash. The only fabric purchased for this quilt was the backing and the binding. Now the quilting process has begun! 


I have done a lot of quilting using a basic meandering patterns like this, however I have gotten bored with this pattern. 


I decided to quilt using wandering loops and leaves. Many of the leaves I love, many I don't, however I definitely like this pattern way more than a basic wandering pattern. Yes, I know there are lots of imperfections and if any serious quilter saw my free motion quilting they might scoff at my quilting and pick at all imperfections. Fine by me. Quilting is a learning process and I can see that each time I free motion quilt it gets better every quilt. I can't wait to see the final product! 









No comments:

Post a Comment