Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Skirts, thread and quilting, oh my!

Completed the navy wrap skirt! It is available for purchase at my Etsy shop here.


On a different note, I need to always remind myself that when I start a big quilting project that I need to have enough thread on hand! There is nothing worse than starting to sew a quilt block and then run out of thread half way through. Ugh. Luckily I live 5 minutes from JoAnn Fabrics and boy it's convenient! I swung by there after yoga all sweaty and gross just to pick up thread. I know I spend too much time in there because I was at the cutting counter a few weeks ago and the woman cutting my fabric asked "Weren't you just in here the other day?" Yes. Yes I was. 

In the middle of all my batiking fun and starting my scrap quilt, a friend of mine wants me to make her a custom made twin-sized quilt for her daughter. All the scraps are from leftovers from custom diapers she had made for her. I am really excited because this is my first custom made quilt for someone! Usually I'm making quilts for people as gifts, never have I been asked to make a quilt for someone. Thanks Julie for making my day and giving me a quilting challenge!  What an eclectic bunch of fabric and what a fun quilt it's going to be! 


1 comment:

  1. You are very welcome. I am so happy you agreed to do it.

    ReplyDelete